Grilled Baby Artichokes
Serves 6 as an appetizer or side
This can be made up to a day ahead. Refrigerate, covered, and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- 1 pound baby artichokes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare the artichokes: trim stems to about 3/4" long; cut the tips of the leaves off with kitchen shears; remove and discard the outer three layers of leaves; cut in half lengthwise.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and drop in the artichoke halves. Boil the artichokes 6 minutes; drain well.
3. Toss the artichoke halves in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
4. Grill the artichoke halves over a hot fire, about 5 minutes a side.
5. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, salt and minced oregano.
6. Brush the artichoke halves with the olive oil-lemon mixture.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Stephencooks – http://www.stephencooks.com/