Raita – Indian-style Yogurt Salad with Tomatoes, Peanuts and Mint
8 servings, about 1/2 cup each
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3" piece of cucumber, unpeeled.
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Pinch sugar, to taste
- Pinch black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 fresh green chilie, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- Mint leaves for garnish, if desired
1. Slice the cucumber and then cut the slices crosswise into four pieces. Cut the cucumber pieces in half.
2. Combine all ingredients (except the mint for garnish) in a bowl.
3. Allow the salad to rest 15 - 20 minutes before serving.
Stephencooks – http://www.stephencooks.com/