Quick Anchovy Tartlets with Olives and Cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, cut in 2-1/2" squares
- 12 oil-cured black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Parmeggiana Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces canned anchovy fillets and their oil
Equipment: barquette molds.Method
1. Sauté the onions for about 4 minutes in a little olive oil, until they just start to soften. Remove from heat.
2. Chop the anchovies, then mash them with the side of the knife.
3. Mix the onions, anchovies, cheese and the anchovie oil.
4. Place the pastry squares in barquette molds.
5. Spoon the filling into the center of the squares and top with a few pieces of olive.
6. Moisten the corners of the the pastry squares. Press two adjacent corners together at one end of the barquette mold, then press the corners at the other end of the mold together.
7. Bake about 12 minutes in a preheated 400º oven.
Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Stephencooks – http://www.stephencooks.com/