Poached Haddock Fillet with Apple and Tomato
- 2 skinless haddock fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1/2 tomato, sliced, slices cut in half
- 1/2 apple, peeled, cored, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and hot sauce to taste.
1. Place the olive oil in a sauté pan large enough to hold the fillets without crowding.
2. On medium-high heat, sauté the sliced apple and onion, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent, about five minutes.
3. Add the wine to the pan. Adjust heat so that the wine is barely simmering.
4. Add the fish fillets to the pan. Poach for about 4 minutes. Remove fish to a warmed plate and cover loosely with foil while you complete the recipe.
5. Raise the heat to high, add the tomato pieces, and quickly reduce the liquid by half.
6. Add the butter, stirring to melt.
7. Season sauce to taste with hot sauce and salt.
8. To serve, place fish on warmed serving plates. Use a slotted spoon to add onion, apple and tomato pieces from the pan. Spoon sauce over the fish. Serve immediately.
Stephencooks – http://www.stephencooks.com/