Quinoa with Chicken, Arugula and Roasted Tomatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 8 ounces baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cut in bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 24 shallots, peeled, larger ones halved lengthwise (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup chicken broth
1. Place the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and basil in an ovenproof dish and toss to combine. Roast in a preheated 475º oven for about 25 - 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, boil 2 cups of water in a 2- or 3-quart pot, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, then stir in the quinoa. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the arugula and the chicken. Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the chicken broth in a small saucepan. Add the shallots and simmer gently unitil tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
4. When the tomatoes are done (they will be falling apart and some of the garlic pieces will be starting to char) remove them from the oven and scrape into a bowl, being sure to get any bits sticking to the roasting dish.
To serve, mound the quinoa mixture on the plate, scatter shallots around the mound and top with roasted tomatoes.
Stephencooks – http://www.stephencooks.com/