Salad with Star Fruit, Roasted Beets, and Goat Cheese
- 6 ounces beets
- 1 star fruit, sliced thin
- 3 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch coarse salt
- 2 scallions, cut in threads
1. Toss the beets in 1 teaspoon olive oil and roast for about an hour in a preheated 400º oven. When done, allow to cool and remove the skin and root ends and slice. This may be done up to 2 days ahead.
2. Arrange the star fruit slices in a circle on the salad plates. Lay the beet slices in overlapping layers inside the ring of star fruit.
3. Scatter on the goat cheese.
4. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and scatter on the salt.
Garnish with the scallion threads and serve immediately.
Stephencooks – http://www.stephencooks.com/