Smoked Salmon Terrine
- 1 cup smoked salmon, chopped with a knife
- 1 cup fish broth (or water)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 packet gelatin (1/4 ounce)
1. Press the salmon into a 3 1/2 inch circular ring mold or similar.
2. Place the fish broth (or water), wine, lemon juice and dill weed in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Strain the broth and stir in the gelatin.4. Pour the gelatin mixture over the salmon to cover by about 1/4" (there will be some gelatin mixture left over).
5. Chill four hours or until firm.
6. To unmold, place the mold in 1/2" hot water for 30 seconds (don't allow the hot water to enter the mold). Remove the mold from the water and run a thin, sharp knife around the outer edge and then reverse onto the serving plate. (A light tap on the bottom of the mold may be necessary to get it moving.)
If desired, serve with sour cream, cream cheese or non-fat Greek yogurt, accompanied by little toasts or crackers.
Stephencooks – http://www.stephencooks.com/